Full Time Fire Alarm Technician/Inspector required for Allpoints Fire Protection Ltd.
Allpoints Fire Protection is growing! We are currently looking for an experienced fire alarm technician to join our team in Prince George, BC. Allpoints Fire Protection services all facets of the fire protection industry including fire alarm systems, sprinkler systems, portable fire extinguishers and suppression systems.
- Perform fire protection inspections, verifications and preventative maintenance services on fire alarm systems
- Program and configure new & existing fire alarm systems
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and diagnose systems and perform necessary repairs
- Read and interpret submittals, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, software systems, schematics and product manuals
- Provide efficient and cost effective solutions to return customers equipment to working condition
- Complete and submit all task related documentation in a timely manner
- Complete necessary equipment/task related training and certification
- Provide high level of customer service
- Travel for work
- 3-5 years documented experience
- Completion of CFAA (Canadian Fire Alarm Association) certificate, ASTT BC, Red Seal Electrical Ticket or applicable College degree/diploma preferred
- Experience programming fire alarm panels (preferably Vigilant, Simplex and Edwards) is desirable
- Electrical/Electronic background preferred
- Knowledgeable of applicable provincial building, fire, ULC and NFPA codes
- Ability to train less experienced technicians and customers
- Ability to lift equipment and tools up to 40lbs and climb ladders and scaffolding
- Possess valid driver’s license
Allpoints Fire Protection offers an excellent compensation package which includes medical and dental coverage, pension plan, education reimbursement, competitive wages and more. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by emailing resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.